Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mint and Cobalt/busted can of biscuits

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like a busted can of biscuits? Today was one of those days for me. I don't know why, I guess it's just part of being female.

I've learned a few tricks for combating these kinds of days, and I'll share a few here.

First of all, IT'S OKAY. It happens to everyone.

Water with lemon and cucumber. And lime if you're feeling exotic. This always flushes me out and helps things just feel better. Plus, it tastes good!

Solid colors, especially dark. Darker colors are slimming. Bright colors aren't.

Vertical stripes help us look taller and thinner, so are always a good choice.

Remember that while you don't like the way your body feels in the moment, it's still the special body God created just for you! So while you may be thinking ugh, I hate my body!, it is His temple and He made it special just for you! And He does care about how you're feeling, so feel free to tell him something like, God, I feel like a busted can of biscuits today, but I thank you anyway for blessing me with a body that works and for having enough food that I can wake up feeling fat. I've learned that even if I do feel that I hate my body, I never say it to myself. I tell myself things I'd tell a friend, like, "It's ok. You're bloated, not fat. It will go away. You have a great body." And if I don't believe it, I keep saying it until I do!

Always works for me ;)

Anyway ... one other trick for today is long necklaces! They draw the eye up and down and extend the illusion of being tall and thin. Plus, sometimes jewelry can just be that little special thing that gives you the confidence boost you need!



My work buddies said (halfway through the day) that at first, they thought the cobalt and mint didn't match at all, but it slowly grew on them, and they were loving it! I had the same thoughts as I got dressed this morning.

I'm wearing the True Blue necklace, Gateway bracelet, and Naomi ring. 

What are some things that help you through a busted-can-of-biscuits kind of day?

No comments:

Post a Comment