Sunday, March 10, 2013

Long Distance Friends

Today we got to see our friends William and Melanie and all their kids! They started attending our church and we got to know them last year before they had to move away to North Carolina. They came down for the weekend and we got to have lunch and catch up after church on Sunday!

Will and Melanie's story is amazing. Long story short, they didn't know the Lord, but came to church because their kids loved it. They were saved one Sunday. While I was still working at the church, Melanie came in one day to volunteer (she is a stay at home mom and wanted to use her time while the kids are at school well) and ended up telling us her story. She told us that she and Will weren't married yet but wanted to be, but couldn't afford a big wedding. My boss and I were like, "We can help you with that!" So two weeks later, they were baptized as new believers and married right there at the church. It was amazing. They were super reliable and dedicated volunteers for quite a while, but then Will got a good job offer up in North Carolina and the time was right, so they moved up there.

Anyway, at the time, I wasn't selling Premier, but my Premier mom worked at the church with me (still does), and she provided Melanie with the Laura earrings and necklace for the wedding you see her wearing today too.


Melanie probably didn't know she was going to be a model on my blog ;)

I love the Laura set because you can wear it for a wedding, with somewhat casual shirt and slacks, as Melanie is wearing, or just with jeans and a nice top.


Here we are with two of the kids (there are 6 plus one who is waiting for them in Heaven).

We LOVED seeing them again.


By the way, I am wearing the Wow Factor necklace really twisted with the pearl studs from the Cute as a Button set. And I got my hair done. Cut and colored, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment